identify the problem
For this challenge, you will put your engineering and building skills to the test! Using Sharpen.design’s prompt-generator tool select the “Build & Engineer” category. Choose a prompt you would like to create. Feel free to use this tool as an idea on what to create. You could build a model of a monument, building, sculpture, a machine that sorts items, pulley systems, conveyor belts, etc. – pretty much anything using any materials!
02. Choose “Build & Engineer” category from the drop-down menu.
03. Click”New Challenge” until you find something you want to build.
04. If you like one half of the challenge, lock it and hit new challenge to find an option you would be interested in. Take a picture, screenshot, or write down what prompt you are completing.
05. Don’t have that specific material, replace it with something creative you do have!
design a solution
01. Generate an idea. What is the prompt you selected? How can you complete this task? What else could you add to bring more creativity and originality?
02. Design and build a prototype. What other materials could you use to build? Is your model to scale? If you made a machine, is it a working prototype or just a model?
03. Share your idea. Film a short (Max 2 min video) pitch of your invention. Include details like who is it for, what problem does it solve, etc. Have fun! Upload/share your video to twitter, facebook or Instagram. Don't forget to tag us!